This course is for everyone with responsibility for directing, managing, supporting or influencing team members or other work colleagues.
A good knowledge of relevant law will make life much easier for anyone who manages people. Let this book be your guide. Then remember that the best advice you might ever receive is to listen to advice! We advocate that you supplement the guidance here with good advice and always do so when in any doubt.
- Human resources, legal or personnel departments should be the first port of call
- ACAS run free helplines for employers and employees – see the phonebook
- Some professional bodies and employer organisations run helplines
- Local law firms may run helplines – check terms and be sure they have an employment specialist first
- Continually updated reference books, employers’ briefings and law-lines are widely available from Croners, Jordans, CIPD and others – search the web
Law is primarily made up of Acts, Regulations, Codes of Practice, and past cases. The latter also help to define good practices that courts use to determine reasonableness. Law changes continually and this pocketbook is only a broad guide for managers, based on UK legislation. Please bear in mind that the law described in this book is simplified and will not cover everything. Be wary!
|Contracts of Employment|
|Contracts of Employment Details||01:00:00|
|Avoiding Discrimination Details||01:40:00|
|Control and Administration|
|Control and Adminsitration Details||01:30:00|
|Health and Safety|
|Health and Safety Details||01:30:00|
|Working With Trade Unions|
|Working With Trade Unions Details||01:00:00|
|Workplace Problems Details||01:30:00|
|Attendance and Perfomance Problems|
|Attendance and Perfomance Problems Details||01:00:00|
|Dismissing Employees Details||01:30:00|
No Reviews found for this course.